CRAFT A CHEESE TO WIN £1,000 (“PROMOTION”)
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses of Wilson Fields Farm, Inglewhite, Preston, Lancashire, PR3 2LH (“Promoter”).
- The Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over except employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its agencies or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
- By entering this Promotion you confirm that you are a resident of the United Kingdom, are over 18 and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
- The Competition Prize: There will be one overall winner of the Promotion who will win £1,000 to be paid by cheque. This will be presented to the winner at the British Cheese Festival in Cardiff on 22 September 2012 or posted to the winner on request. The winner will also receive a weekend stay in Cardiff at the time of the 2012 British Cheese Festival – included in the prize will be two nights hotel stay for two people in a shared room at an hotel in Cardiff for the nights of Friday 21st September and Saturday 22nd September plus return travel to Cardiff by standard class rail from any U.K. mainland railway station. The winner will also receive tickets to the British Cheese Festival for Saturday 22nd September and a home cheese making kit (approximate value £25). Travel from the winners home to their nearest UK mainland railway station is not included. Should the winner choose to make their own arrangements to travel to Cardiff or choose not to visit then no cash or other alternative will be offered for this part of the prize.
- Competition Runners-up Prizes: There will be ten runners up. Each will receive a home cheese making kit (approximate value £25) and a selection of Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses which will be posted to the runners up chosen home UK address.
- The Prizes (which means the Competition Prize and Runners-up Prizes as set out above) are as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. Unless specifically agreed in writing by the Promoter, the Prizes are not transferable and must be taken by the winner in person.
- The Prizes may be subject to additional third party terms and conditions.
- The Promoter, its agents and/or distributors reserve the right to substitute the Prizes for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond their control, without prior notification.
HOW TO ENTER.
- No purchase is necessary. Only one entry per person.
- On-line entry only, Entrants must:
(a) go to www.facebook.com/butlerscheeses or www.craftacheese.co.uk
(b) click on the Craft a Cheese Competition Application;
(c) submit an entry by providing details of milk to be used, type of cheese, colour of cheese, plus additional creative elements to make the cheese stand out
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Entries made using methods such as macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants it believes are acting in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promotion will start on May 21st 2012
- All entries must be received by 11.59pm (UK time) on Friday 30 August 2012 (“Closing Date”).
- Winner and runners up (of the Promotion) will be notified by email or phone by 11.59pm (UK time) on Friday 14 September 2012 (“Notification Date”).
- Competition Rules: No entries should copy existing names, brands, companies or other trade-marked or copyrighted material. Following the Closing Date, one competition winner and ten competition runners up will be selected by the Promoter. The winning and runners up cheeses will be chosen on the basis of originality, creative flair and taste appeal based on the description of the cheese and its name. The opinion of the Promoter in selecting the winning entry and runners up will be final and correspondence will not be entered into. The Promoter intends to make samples of the winning cheese and offer samples of it to the public at the 2012 British Cheese Festival in Cardiff if feasible.
- The winning cheese might be made available from Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses for sale at some point in the future. The winning Competitor will be credited but will not receive any payment from sale of this cheese. All cheese ideas and names entered into the Promotion will become the intellectual property of the Promoter and by participating in the Promotion all Entrants hereby grant the promoter the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to manufacture and sell the cheeses without payment to the Entrant.
- By participating in the promotion the entrants herby grant the Promoter the absolute and irrevocable right and permission if selected as a Winner or Runner Up to photograph and video the Entrant and assigns the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, re-publish, publicly display, perform, transmit, exhibit, and reproduce Entrants name, address, e-mail address, country of origin, statements, photographs, or other visual representations or likeness, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other material, including without limitation, text, photographs, or images, in any medium (whether now known or hereafter invented) including, but not limited to the internet and other electronic media, and for any and all purposes, including but not limited to advertising, publicity, promotion, and trade, throughout the UK without restriction as to manner, frequency, or duration of usage or any other purpose whatsoever in connection with the sale and marketing of products of the promoter, or otherwise. The Promoter or its Agent will contact all Winners and Runners Up to notify them of their success and may, for example, arrange publicity in their local media.
- All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Winner and Runners up but if a Prize is declined or unclaimed by the winner or if the winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied on their entry form by 11.59pm on the Notification Date, a replacement winner will be selected at the Promoter’s discretion and will be notified by the Promoter by phone or email. The original entry/nomination will then be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the name or adapt any ingredients or production method of any cheese which has been entered into the competition for legal, commercial or food safety reasons should it decide to make and sell the cheese at some point in the future.
- The first name and county of the winner of the Competition winner and runners up will be available for three months from the Notification Date and can be obtained by sending a stamped SAE after the Decision Date to: Smoking Gun PR, 6th Floor, Quay House, Quay Street, Manchester, M3 3JE. The details of the Competition winners will also be made available on the www.facebook.com/butlerscheese page and available for public viewing for three months following the Notification Date.
- All Entrants agree not to discredit, denigrate or bring into disrepute the Promoter, its products and services or its business partners and confirm that they have no reason to believe that their participation in the Promotion will have such an effect.
- Participants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Participants will be providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Participants acknowledge that Facebook is not responsible for the Promotion and shall have no liability towards any entrant or nominee in relation to the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to extend, amend or withdraw the Promotion or any part of it without prior notice or compensation where this is due to circumstances beyond its control.
- The Promoter’s decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will use each entrant’s and nominee’s personal details only for the purpose of administering the Promotion.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or the Prizes.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by or construed in accordance with English law. Participants irrevocably agree that the courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk entries, entries from third parties and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any failure to submit a valid entry by the Closing Date.